PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others
Management and Capacity Development :
1. Provide technical support and supervision to the country based accounting team in formulating and implementing reliable accounting systems.
2. Ensure performance management of the accountants is run effectively.
3. Coordinate performance of site project financial checks. Take appropriate action to address audit findings and recommendations.
Local (Government) Reporting :
1. Ensure Compliance with Local legislation, WVI and donor requirements.
2. Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies.
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring :
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances
5. Ensure sufficient liquidity in bank accounts for smooth operation and cash target low is within acceptable limit according to FFM.
6. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
7. Assist Hub Finance Director in audit preparation to provide required information
8. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
9. Perform site and partner monitoring visits