Scope of work:
Under the direct supervision of the senior. Coordinator (WASH and civil engineering WASH), the WASH Project Manager will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting for the WASH Assistance Program in Balkh and Laghman provinces. This position will directly supervise 3 WASH project officers and will be responsible for maintaining relationships with local and provincial authorities, WASH implementing partners including MRRD, National and International NGOs as well as vendors and beneficiaries
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to all aspects of the implementation of the WASH project, including planning, designing, site selection, coordinating with WASH partners, beneficiary’s logistic department, cost estimation in coordination with Finance department, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Supervise the process of beneficiary selection based on approved criteria and strategies, ensuring beneficiaries are consulted and their views considered at all stages of the program
- Lead the planning of WASH project activities and set quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Ensure standard curriculum be used for training of community hygiene promoters and WASH committees
- Develop tools for KAP survey, plan the survey, and report
- Oversee the work of project teams during the preparatory works, assessments, technical requirements, selection of beneficiaries and sites ensuring compliance as per IMC and donor requirement
- Ensure that the project engages locals and develops the local capacity for longer-term sustainability.
- Contribute to preparing plans, proposals, and budgets for project extensions and new projects.
- Ensure protection issues are fully considered throughout the project cycle with women, the elderly, disabled, and most vulnerable in decision-making for all WASH issues.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review, and track progress on project implementation and the utilization of project resources.
- Ensure the development and implement robust M&E systems using appropriate tools and resources to maximize project impact on beneficiaries.
- Attend all WASH-related Coordination Meetings and share meetings minutes with seniors
- Ensure that procurement of goods and their delivery to the project areas are done timely.
- Prepare monthly project financial pipeline, monitor budget utilization, and prepare monthly spending plan in line with the work plan and procurement plan
- Assist Logistics to prepare procurement plans and ensure timely procurement of goods and services as per IMC logistics rules and regulations.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as per IMC and donor requirement
- Follow IMC Established policies and procedures, support the successful implementation of program objectives, and provide initiatives to improve the quality and performance of IMC-Afghanistan programs continually.
- Perform any task assigned to the Sr. Coordinator (WASH and civil engineering).
Leadership: Can engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to the problems.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (community leaders, supervisors, CHPs, other actors, etc.).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine, adaptability to live and interact with project staff, and capacity and ability to live and/or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project implementation strategies and approaches and project monitoring systems. Ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments/deadlines, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows a real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology and different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or be deployed anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with the security department.