Community Mobilizer is responsible for maintaining a close relationship with the communities to facilitate a smooth program and project implementation. Facilitate awareness creation measures and facilitate community responses and develop contact and professional relationships with community elders, religious leaders, and the Community Development Councils. S/he will ensure the smooth running of assigned project activities in the targeted areas and report to the WASH Officer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check that the project activities are clear to the members of the community;
- Mobilize the beneficiaries to participate in the project according to the agreement made with them.
- Identify and train the WASH committee members
- Conduct solid waste clean-up campaigns
- Follow the advancement of activities and adoption of the program by the beneficiaries
- Propose solutions to the problems encountered
- Participate actively in the training of communities
- Organize workshops and meetings when necessary
- To monitor the progress of the project
- Write a weekly activity report and submit to the WASH officer
- Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to problems.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (community leaders, supervisors, Community hygiene promoters, other actors, etc.).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine, adaptability to live and interact with project staff, and can live and/or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project implementation strategies. Ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments/deadlines,
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows a real commitment to maintaining open communication with the community and team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology and different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or be deployed anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with the security department.