(MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS):
- Facilitate first contact meetings on the villages for village decision-makers at CDC, CLDC and DDA.
- To lead and facilitate the introduction meetings with community, school and district decision makers.
- Collect social economic and demographic data of the target communities, compile them, analyse and enter them into the data bases.
- Develop Village Disaster Management Plan (VDMPs) in consultation with Geologist.
- Facilitate community awareness process on components of the projects and school awareness package.
- Organize the support for distribution of IEC materials at community level for acceptance of the project activities.
- Conduct the trainings at community level on the relevant components of the project.
- Collection of Baseline data, analysis and entering them into the data bases.
- Support to the technical consultancy agency in conducting the feasibility study.
- To Capture success stories and lessons learned in each phase of program implementation
- Organize regular meetings with community and at as bridge between AKAH- and community.
- Lead the process of information dissemination at community level.
- To work closely with community to make them understand about the system and its utility for them.
- Regular reporting about the project implementation process on monthly basis.
- Facilitate project implementation on the project target areas along with Team leader.
- Keep regular contact with the community as well as well local government officials for collecting information and reporting to the Team leader.
Any other tasks being assigned by line supervisor.
SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Social Science, disaster management, Community development, weather related study and study in similar nature.
Experience: Incumbent should carry 1-2 years of experience in area of Field implementation, Disaster Management and conducting baseline surveys with the following qualifications.
- Good knowledge of reading and writing of English
- Good knowledge of communication and building relations.
- Understand community concepts and behavior.
- High flexibility and accept the position challenge
- High knowledge of reading and writing of Dari.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working experience in Afghan Badakhshan/Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar, and Bamiyam is added advantage.