GLOBAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Base Coordinator, with strong functional links with the Emergency Program Manager and Operation Manager, the PM will
- Contribute to the implementation of the intervention strategy in the basic needs sector;
- Manage the implementation of the emergency distributions of emergency support, by identifying (through an external feasbiliy study) the most relevant modalities (in-kind, cash or vouchers) and ensuring the achievement of HI’s targets and results;
- Ensure regular data collection, data analysis and indicators’ follow-up for the programs under your responsibility, within the framework of HI Project Monitoring & Evaluation framework;
- Manage the activity budget of the project;
- Ensure the respect of financial, logistical and HR procedures by the project team;
- Represent HI with local authorities, local partners and other humanitarian actors in Kunduz
- Steer the project’s intervention strategy and put forward adjustments, if needed
- Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned, and implement the action plan.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget.
- Ensure project reporting, internally (within the programme)
- Undertake expenditure and manage the project activity-specific budget lines according to the delegation he/she received based on the signature delegation table
- Prepare and manage partnerships with the project implementation partners.
- Guarantee the proper archiving of information.
- Ensure that the principles of Inclusive Humanitarian Action are respected and implemented
- Definition and follow-up, with each staff under your direct line management
- Good communication, coordination, and information-sharing with each member of the team through regular coordination meetings and individual meetings;
- Conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your team, informing the Base Manager of any major conflict
COMPLIANCE WITH EXISTING FRAMEWORK
- Ensure the proper implementation and follow-up of institutional policies (specifically PME, PSEAH and Age-Gender-
Disability policies) and the other HI internal standards
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the project proposal and the rules applied by the project funding body/bodies.
- Ensure compliance with global technical standards and norms by communicating and by involving the technical
specialists and advisors with expertise in the project themes.
EXTERNAL COORDINATION & REPRESENTATION (in coordination with the Base Manager)
- Representation of HI in relevant sub-national clusters/coordination mechanisms;
- Coordination with local implementing partners and with other humanitarian actors implementing activities related to Basic Needs to the Project
- Regular contact with Organization of People with Disabilities
SUPPORT SERVICES (Logistics, administration, HR)
- Monitoring of the financial and logistics aspects of the activities
- Ensure respect of HI procedures, in close collaboration with the support departments, and the Base Manager.
- Management of the program budget for the activities under your responsibility;
- Management of the recruitment and selection process for new positions in the teams under your management;
- In coordination with the MEAL Manager, setup the initial beneficiary database and data collection system for related component of program;
- Supervision of the data collection process, in collaboration with the MEAL Manager;
- Regular verification and correction of the beneficiary database, in collaboration with the MEAL Manager and Operation Manager;
Responsibility 7: MONITORING & REPORTING
- Regular monitoring of the program achievements and logical framework indicators;
- Monthly reporting on project indicators and regular update of activity plans;
- Preparation of internal memos, minutes of meetings and/or reports
- Coordination with MEAL Manager and Operations Manager for the creation/adaption of the main MEAL tools to be used ;