ABOUT THE JOB
The Emergency Officer is part of the Emergency Team and he/she is responsible for implementing DRC Afghanistan’s emergency project activities in the field. A key member of the Emergency Team, the Emergency Officer participates in emergency assessments, with strong familiarity with emergency assessment methodologies including household survey enumeration; practices strong communication with communities to disseminate information about DRC’s emergency assessments and responses and obtain relevant information, including feedback; and implements safe and organized emergency distributions in accordance with DRC SOPs. The Emergency Officer will work in remote and challenging locations and must be able to perform to a high standard in challenging and insecure field conditions, with the support of DRC management, safety, and access teams and within DRC’s acceptable risk thresholds. The Emergency Officer works under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader and will directly report to the Emergency Team Leader, and works with his/her DRC team to ensure that all DRC emergency activities are implemented in accordance with humanitarian principles, in an impartial, neutral, independent, and humanitarian way.
In line with humanitarian principles and to ensure that both men and women beneficiaries are served well and appropriately by DRC, DRC recruits both men and women emergency officers. Both men and women are strongly encouraged to apply for the Emergency Officer – Roster positions.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid needs assessments in the field using HEAT tools, both through paper based and digital forms
- Establish good contact and linkages with other humanitarian actors in the field
- Coordinating and conducting emergency field distributions (Cash and NFIs)
- Conducting rapid market assessments.
- Produce basic reports on needs assessments and proposed responses
- Support referrals of vulnerable cases to DRC Protection team
- As agreed with line manager, travel within and out the region to support DRC emergency teams all over Afghanistan
- When requested, join a DRC flying team and be ready to be re-allocated for short period and with short notice, outside the normal area of operation (within the country).
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.