The main purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of Information Communication Technology (ICT) of Handicap International Country Office in Afghanistan, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager. The IT Officer has overall responsibility for the supervision of ICT function to ensure that appropriate technical support is available for software, hardware and communications services, in line with the program and organisational ICT standards. The incumbent works closely with the other Support Services, Programs and Technical Unit staff in Kabul and bases to achieve the strategic and operational goals of the organisation. This position is responsible for effective budgeting, planning, scheduling, prioritization, of ICT in close collaboration with the Logistics Manager and the SSC. The position is also responsible for the program Equipment Monitoring Chart (EMC) and Purchasing Monitoring Chart (PMC).
1.1: Responsible for management of ICT
- Ensuring that there are ICT policies and systems that meet donor requirements and organisation’s policies.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager and SSC, identify appropriate ICT management tools and resources required and ensure that the unit is appropriately resourced to be efficient and effective.
- In collaboration with Logistics ensure efficiency and value for money from ICT services and supplies procurement.
- In collaboration with HI Headquarters, ensure that e-mail accounts function effectively and efficiently to support the business.
- Manage Internet, Hardware and Software Applications and its performance to support business operations.
- In collaboration with SSC, prepare annual ICT plan that ensures proactive support on ICT including data backup and archiving, maintenance of program intranet sites and ensure industry best practices are implemented at a cost efficient way.
- Ensure proper understanding and adherence to donor and HI rules and regulations in all offices and that all ICT processes are professionally documented, have complete and accurate support documentation and are appropriately filed.
- Ensure that all users of ICT equipment and systems are trained and provided with appropriate computing skills and are kept informed of any new ICT information.
- Keep abreast with legal procedures and obligations, and always maintain current knowledge of government and organisational requirements relating to ICT and ensure compliance with the law and organisational policies.
- Assist (or where necessary lead) on the development of business cases and ad-hoc projects requiring support from ICT.
- Advise on the technical specification relating to the development or procurement of new information systems or ICT infrastructure.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers/vendors relating to ICT.
- In conjunction with the SSC, develop and communicate the program’s ICT Strategy and Plan
- Ensure sound Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation measures are in place to effectively protect the organizational data and other ICT assets.
- Support and develop basic web-based online tools that can be used to enhance business operations and program activities
1.2: ICT Help Desk Assistance
- Provide basic support on software and hardware (troubleshooting)
- Install or assist in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Respond to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Instruct users on equipment, software and information usage and management.
- Ensure anti-virus updates are made to all Desktop Computers & laptops in Kabul and bases.
- Install and ensure that all PCs are loaded with HI standard software and maintain standard configuration.
- Provide ad-hoc direct user support where possible and escalate to next support level (External resource or HQ) if need be.
1.3: ICT Preventive maintenance
- Carry out periodic preventive maintenance on all IT equipment in Kabul and bases.
- Deal with and following up on equipment repairs and services and with external vendors.
1.4: Management of Equipment Monitoring Chart (EMC), Purchase Monitoring Chart (PMC) & General Asset Monitoring Chart
- Manage and maintain inventory of all IT assets (hardware and software)
- Manage and maintain the program’s Equipment Monitoring Chart (EMC) and General Asset Monitoring Chart, ensure that it is continuously updated in the MS Teams Logistics Channel.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, ensure that periodic assent/ property physical verification is conducted in accordance with the plan and the results of the physical verification is used to update the EMC.
- Carry out the annual property/ Asset physical verification
- Custodian of all equipment and stock at Kabul level and ensure that the movement of the same are properly recorded and there is proper stock management system in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that stock management in all offices are done properly and in accordance with the required standards.
- Recording the daily purchase information from PSR, SPO, invoice in to purchase Monitoring Chart (PMC).