Finance Assistant will be responsible for producing accounting documents, Preparing Journal entries in Cash books for final interface in SAGA, Tax remittance to government authorities for Kabul and field offices and preparing the reports, filing , scanning and archiving of Financial documents for Kabul Main office and Projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare accounting documents (payment/ receipt vouchers etc),
- Check the monthly financial reports (hard and soft copies) of Tdh programmes in Afghanistan and provide required feedback;
- Cross check payroll sheets, extra duties, and other bonuses for the staff on monthly basis after receiving from the HR and CP Manager (for accuracy and donor funding details);
- Assist in external financial audit, prepare the information, files and necessary documents required by the auditors.
- Ensure the payment of taxes to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on time and as per deadlines given by the Ministry of Finance for INGOs (mainly salary+supplier+rental taxes).
- Scanning of the cash inventories, bank statements and other finance related documents on monthly basis.
- Keep all the Finance related file boxes in a systematic manner; including Expense files, contract files, taxes files, donor contracts and all financial documents files.
- Archive all the finance documents after annual closing and annual audit in proper place for any future audits in an easy accessible method.
- Assist in managing external, internal audits, government audits and provide the necessary files to auditors after review and approval of Finance coordinator.
- Assist Finance Coordinator in drafting forecasts, budget follow ups
- Review procedures for commitment of expenditure and identify any shortfalls for review of the Finance Coordinator/ Finance Manager.
- Ensure the supporting documents are valid and adequate, report any missing documents to Finance coordinator/ Finance Manager
- Keeping updated lists of all distributions to the beneficiaries (such as medicines and kits) , and ensure that support documents for beneficiary distributions are attached to the expenditure files.
- Field visits for review of financial documents, procedures, and files in Tdh Afghanistan project sites.
- Prepare the primary cash book in excel and ensure to attach the original support documents (bills and invoices etc);
- Assisting Finance coordinator/ Finance officer in follow-up of accountancy on a monthly basis for Tdh Projects; partners and main office
- Prepare vouchers for Kabul Delegation and project sites from the system and cross checking the support documents.
- Managing the Main office petty cash
- Ensure to make the cash payments, advances and supplier invoices in timely manner as per Finance department cash disbursement schedules.
- Currency exchange from USD to AFA for office expenditure/ transfer of cash to office from bank with close supervision and coordination of Finance coordinator and Finance Manager
- Prepare the monthly staff salary transfer documents in Bank formats and ensure to transfer the staff salaries in timely manner and as per Tdh financial regulations.
- Be available to carry out any other tasks deemed useful by his/her direct manager