The main purpose of this role is to provide Health and Nutrition Education, promote community activities, form health shuras in community and coordinate MHNT activities at community level to respond effectively to acute needs of crisis and/or conflict affected mother and children and most vulnerable populations or host communities as well as support the team leader in managing team during his absence.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: The MHNT Health and Nutrition Promoter will be responsible for the below listed tasks in the field:
- Preparedness, coordination and deployment of Nutrition and Health Mobile teams in target province and districts.
- Provision of IMAM services to children under 5 years old and Pregnant and lactating women in the field.
- Provision of treatment for common illnesses/IMNCI amongst under 5 years boys and girls.
- Caregivers and PLWs with children U2 receiving Growth monitoring and MIYCN counselling and care practices activities
- Provision of sexual and reproductive health services including family planning services for women in reproductive age, ANC/PNC consultations for PLW and referral of pregnant women to hospital for safe delivery.
Implementation community based health and nutrition promotion
- Establish community –based health and nutrition promotion committees (male & female) in the catchment areas of MHNT services.
- Conduct project inception meeting with local community elders in MHNT catchment areas.
- Plan and organize daily and monthly orientation sessions, according to the methodology defined, regarding health/nutrition and MHPSS relevant messages to the health and nutrition promotion committees.
- Organize regular community sensitization sessions in MHNT catchment areas.
- Record all necessary information in the relevant reporting tools.
Health and nutrition education and counselling:
- Conduct regular Health and Nutrition Education sessions at community and MHNT level.
- Prepare all the material for the health and promotion education sessions
- Conduct regular health/ nutrition and MHPSS education sessions to all clients who are visiting MHNT services.
- Provide education and counselling sessions on health/nutrition and MHPSS to clients.
- Promote behavior changes of clients on health/nutrition and MHPSS in MHNT catchment areas.
- Use pictorial IEC materials during education and counselling sessions.
- Distribute program relevant IEC to BNFs in RRT catchment areas.
- Record all information in the designed/validated reporting tools.
Represent BFWO at community level
- Present the professional image of the organization related program to relevant communities.
- Respect for the principals and values of the organization in the framework of the partnership.
- Respect BFWO charter/policies and procedures.
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and populations the activities and the objectives of the programs.
- Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the line supervisor.
- Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program
- Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Supporting the Team:
- Support MHNT team members in Performing screening and Grwoth Monitoring to children & PLWs in the community
- Perform screening (to children under 5) & Growth monitoring promotion (to children Under two) at community level (Active Screening in the community)
- Detect and refer malnourished cases to MHNT site
- Classification of all U5 children in categories of well-nourished and Acute Malnutrition (SAM & MAM).
- Keep record of all screened BNFs in the relevant reporting tools.
Reporting and Documentation.
- Ensure good filing system for MHNT documents and maintain the updating them on timely manner.
- Crosscheck hard copy of all reporting tools and correct if any mistake before submitting the tools to data entry.
- Ensure correct data is provided on weekly and on monthly basis (Review the data with data entry before submitting to Team Leader).
- Support the Team Leader in drafting the monthly and donor reports on monthly basis on when required.
- Support the Team leader in developing success story of the project for donor requirement.
- Provide any other information when necessary (movement/security, logistical and HR related) to line manager.
Preparedness and Operation of MHNTs:
- Ensure availability of MHNT required materials and reporting templets and other related document are prepared for MHNT based on the checklist.
- Before leaving the office ensure all the materials are ready and available (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
- Ensure and keep all items in the field very well before and after the field visit.
- Ensure that all items are clean and prepare all items for use in following day.
- Ensure that all reporting tools, registers are updated on daily basis.
- Support the team leader in preparing the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
- Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.