The objectives of this consultancy are:
This consultancy will be focused on the program implementation with the following specific objectives:
- Specific objective 1: Evaluate the modality chosen by ME’s for the Cash Based Intervention (CBI) and estimate its effectiveness and final impact on the beneficiaries. The main aim of this objective would be to analyze the final impact of the Cash distribution on the identified HH, analyze the efficiency of the distribution process, compare the livelihood levels of the targeted HHs with the pre-distribution baseline, and underline all the spillover effects that the CBI may have generated.
- Specific objective 2: Evaluate the efficiency of the NEXUS approach and the modality that has been used to insert the emergency action in broader programming that will boost the resilience of the local community in the medium term. Particular attention should be put to the analysis of the food security and livelihood programming, as well as the WASH intervention measuring the impact of combined cash and development programming upon the HHs autonomy and livelihood levels.
- Specific objective 3: Apart from the activities led by ME, the project is also working in partnership with 2 local NGOs as implementing partners. The consultant will evaluate the end of the partnership progress and the impact of these 2 local NGOs on the local beneficiaries.
For each one of the three specific objectives, the evaluator will be required to develop the analysis highlighting the main conclusion, challenges, and recommendations. The analysis must be quantitative and qualitative.
The outputs/deliverables of this consultancy are:
- Inception meeting: the Evaluator will prepare an inception meeting in which he/she will present the details of his/her understanding of the evaluation; the methodology and how the evaluation-specific objectives will be addressed; the timeline.
- Draft Evaluation Report: the Evaluator will prepare a draft Evaluation Report. The report will be reviewed to ensure that the evaluation meets the required quality criteria. The report will be produced in English. The report should provide options for strategy as well as recommendations.
- A PowerPoint presentation presenting the analysis, challenges, and suggestions discovered under SO1 and SO2.
- The final report: The content and the structure of the final analytical report with findings, recommendations and lessons learned covering the scope of the evaluation.
More detail on the objectives and outputs of the consultancy will be discussed during interviews and after contracting.
The consultancy has been scoped for 40 days of work with the following provisional schedule:
- 3 days to prepare for the inception meeting.
- 3 days of desk review on the specific project document shared by Mission East’s staff.
- 7 days to prepare the questionnaire and other needed material to collect the data and information.
- 13 days to prepare the carry out the interview and collect the required data from the selected HHs.
- 7 days to work on the first draft of the report
- 7 days to finalize the final report and the PowerPoint associated.
It is envisaged that the consultancy will start around the end of January 2023.
Method of work:
The consultant is envisaged to work via the:
Preparation - reading source materials, review of related project documents, and review of all relevant project documentation including project documents, project progress reports, and monthly Workbooks.
Analyzing information - The evaluation will provide quantitative and qualitative data after a physical visit to the HHs within the intervention zone. The evaluator will analyze the data and report then in graphics and narrative analysis in the final report.
The selected Evaluator (being a physical person of a firm) must guarantee that he/she will be able to access the field in the concerned intervention areas and collected the data that are required of the development of this evaluation in the establish deadlines. Firms and/or single evaluator can work by remote to analyse the data, however they must ensure a proper and effective coverage for data collection from all the identify and selected simple of HHS.
Mission East will arrange the location for the inception meeting and prepare all the required documentation for the consultant. Any other logistical arrangements will be facilitated by Mission East staff, but it will remain the responsibility of the selected Evaluator to organize and meet the schedule.
The following documents and materials will be made available to the consultant in English:
- Project document: project proposal, interim reports, workbooks, narrative midterm reports, logical Framework, Theory of Change.
- Any other document that can support and facilitate the analysis of the Evaluator.