Planning & Coordination
- Coordinate with the Project Officer in developing an annual training plan for the entire project.
- Identify key resource persons and coordinate their trainings of stakeholders.
- Develop & contextualize training curriculum and logistic materials to address the training needs
- Support District Level Department of Religious (DoRA) to follow up on community dialogues on harmful attitudes and cultural practices facilitated by trained faith leaders within the target district.
- Facilitate meetings with Department of Religious Affairs (DoRA) in coordination with the Project Officer.
- Conduct faith based and project related trainings for WVA Staffs, community leaders and other community members
- Conduct other trainings as required by F&D sector
- Ensure the availability of monitoring data/ information of any training activities.
- Develop success stories from trainees when required
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In coordination with the Project Officer and M&E Advisor develop monitoring tools and assess participant knowledge/skills before and after the trainings are delivered
- Preparing weekly and monthly training report.
- Support DoRA & MEAL team with conduction of joint monitoring from districts to ensure action plans are implemented.
- Follow up with FLF members to collect data and report on monthly basis
Follow up with activities of Forum and advocacy networks
- Support DoRA through organising quarterly coordination meetings with key district level faith leaders to follow up on progress of action plans developed by trained faith leaders addressing harmful cultural/social practices.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (please add functional area or project) interventions.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years of training experiences
- Experience in developing action plans, preparing curriculum and training materials
- Experience in documentation and reporting
- Experience working with faith leaders and community leaders (Community Based Structures)
- Experience in adult learning methodology and monitoring of training activities
- Results oriented and good team-player
- Good computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet use and Lotus Notes.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Sharia or Law faculty
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least have 3 year working experience with National / International NGO in the area of capacity building/ training
- Experienced in developing training curriculum and modules together with different sectoral technical specialist
- Basic knowledge of various technical sectors of humanitarian work.
- Must be competent in all training related activities, needs assessment, organizing, implementing, evaluating training
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and encourage learning.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural context, stressful environments and with limited resources
- Proficient in local languages
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible views, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- This position is based in Herat and required to travel to Badghis and Ghor provinces.
- May be asked to work extras hours if needed.
This role involves facilitation and coordination of virtual teams when needed.
Basic Arabic and intermediate level of Englsih