Scope of work:
The Education Programme is implemented in five SCA Regional Management Offices (RMOs) and one Liaison Office in the east, southeast, central, north, and northeast parts of the country. The focus of the Education Programme is Community Based Education (CBE) from Grades 1-12.
Education of Adolescent Girls and Livelihood Support to Poor Households is a short-term project funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). The project is implemented jointly by the SCA Education and Rural Development Program (RDP) aiming at improving access to education for adolescent girls and supporting poor households with livelihood interventions.
The project, to be implemented in parts of the 14 Provinces of Afghanistan - Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunar, Ghazni, Paktika, Bamiyan, Wardak, Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, Kunduz, Baghlan, Badakhshan and Takhar - aims at contributing to: Improved access to safe, protective, and inclusive education in SCA target education settings; Improving Quality of education in SCA target education settings i Management of education at provincial, and school levels in target areas; Influence of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Professional Associations and Rights holders in education target areas and Safeguarding livelihoods of poor and vulnerable households
The Community Mentor (Women’s and Girls’ Education) is a full-time field based (minimum 90%). The successful candidate(s) will directly operate under the respective Education Project Management Teams. She will work in close collaboration with Education Officers, Education Field Supervisors, Education Master Trainers, teachers, other SCA staff, local leaders, local education authorities School Management Shura members, School Teachers, Inclusive Education Resource Persons and staff from other SCA programmes and units at RMO/LO level.
She will closely work with the Education Project team in the smooth implementation of the project activities with a primary focus of contributing to mobilizing and mentoring teachers and community members to enhance inclusive quality education for all children especially girls (Grades 1-12) and participation of women and youth in education and development.
- Acting in accordance with SCA’s policies and regulations and SCA Education directives.
- Providing updates on issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates.
- Mobilizing stakeholders in implementation of education activities related to the project in the field.
- Implementation of other duties as delegated by the respective supervisor and Education Project Manager
- Mobilizing communities to support the inclusion, gender equality, and non-discriminative programming against girls and women in education.
- Mobilizing women to serve as School Management Shura (SMS) members
- Mobilizing and hold discussions with community members, women-women and girl-girls forums to discuss the education needs of girls and sharing these with the supervisor for further follow up
- Supporting distribution of teaching and learning materials and kits in targets schools
- Organizing regular meetings with girls, women and school management shura members in schools and communities to discuss and address their needs in education alongside the Education Team
- Mobilizing communities in campaigns to enhance enrolment, retention and community support towards girls’ education and women’s participation in education
- Following up with schools and SCA staff on implementation of respective recommendations for
- Following up on implementation of planned education activities