The Education Trainer is accountable to carry out the following key role and responsibilities but not limited to:
• She/he will conduct Training Need Assessment, Design, Conducting training and post training follow-up.
• Develop training work plans, procurement and development of training materials (training manuals & handouts).
• Deliver high quality training workshops to CBE teachers, community mobilizers, education personnel and community members on education matters.
• Undertake regular supervision visits and assess the impact of trainings on the learning and development of project beneficiaries.
• Identify training gaps/needs, and or areas of improvements - document best practices and lessons learnt.
• Conduct on the job training to CBE teachers and provide constructive feedback.
• Generate comprehensive training report and update the training database.
• Update the filling system daily, weekly and monthly bases with incoming and outgoing correspondence with DED, PED and MoE.
• Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the line manager and project team.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the team to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external and supporters
Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Education, graduated from Teacher Training College or Social Science.
• Atleast 3 years of education training experience with local and international organization.
• Strong understaning of Pashto, Dari language and English language is desirable.
• Able to travel inside Afghanistan and related districts, outside of the duty station as and when required.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
• Strong understanding of English language and report writing.