Purpose of the Job:
The logistic assistant- procurement is to assist and ensure effective and timely day-to-day implementation and management of the procurement related functions and process and as well other procurement related issues at Herat Area Office. The procurement assistant will process procurement files and report procurement activities in a transparent and accountable way, ensuring that goods, works and services are delivered efficiently, in-line with NRC processes and procedures and in accordance with the principles off best values for money.
For more information about this position, please click on Job Description and NRC Grade Structure.
- Ensure adherence with NRC and donor policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Use initiative in day-to-day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Process procurement files for Herat level purchases, ensuring clear and detailed supporting documents are prepared and authorized in-line with NRC procurement processes
- Work with purchase requesters to ensure that selection criteria is agreed at the start of the procurement process and that clear selection criteria are included in all Requests for Quotations.
- Ensure that a transparent method for supplier selection is used and documented for all purchases
- Track current procurements and update them bi-weekly as per the Procurement Tracker Sheet (PTS) and forward the PTS to the line manager
- Assist the Logistics Officer/Procurement in running the Procurement Unit in Herat Area Office and provide support to other colleagues during periods of absence.
- Conduct market surveys and assessment and maintain a clean database system
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost-efficiency focus in all procurement processes
- Register and/or prepare requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and update status reports
- Prepare periodic procurement status reports and share appropriately
- Liaise with warehouse assistant on the planned delivery of materials meant for warehousing and obtain necessary documentation to facilitate payments to vendors
- Prepare RFQ, bid analysis and bid committee meeting minutes, liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment,
- Ensure logistics compliance in procurement matters and timely processing of payments to vendors
- Any other related duties as assigned by his/her line manager
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.