MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Record the expenses in cash register and check expenses reports and verify that the closing cash balance reconciles to cash count.
- Scrutinize all bills and invoices, and preparation of vouchers within 2 days (ensuring all the supporting documents are attached to the vouchers), and get vouchers duly approved and signed by authorized people in the organization.
- Preparation of summary allocation and translation of invoices, quotations and any other supporting documents.
- Scanning of vouchers on weekly and monthly basis.
- Disburse of payments on daily basis.
- Deducting the taxes and payment of tax to the government on timely manner.
- Giving advances to employees and clearing the advances.
- Advance reconciliations and keep track of advances paid to employees for official purposes.
- Bank reconciliations on monthly basis
- Obtaining quotation with the admin department on need basis.
- Cash count on weekly basis and make sure that cash count is proper filled.
- Make sure that all the cash in the safe are reconciled with the cashbook and it is ready for any surprise cash count.
- Make sure that proper narration is written in the cash book and proper Budget Line is used in the cash book.
- Make sure that all the payments are approved by the finance head before he/she process the payment.
- Preparation of the bank transfer letter and make sure that all the information on the bank transfer sheet is correct and matched with the bank details which has been provided by the supplier or the admin department.
- Travel to field for payments of mitigation project expenses or any other programmatic cost.
- Maintaining Telephone usage record of employees in PLK Office.
SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
Education: Bachelor’s degree in ACCA/BBA or relevant field
Experience: Minimum 2 year of experience in Finance and accounting field
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking of English and local languages.
- To have good knowledge of computer programs (advance skill of excel and word program) knowledge of Quick book or any other financial software is advantage.
- To be flexible, having positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure and give high commitment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to adjust in a diversified and professional environment
Internal relations: Management Team Finance Department and Region Offices and Teams
External relations: AKDN sister agencies, government agencies and other stakeholders on need basis